Hi, this is my AS Media blog. It contains research and planning for my coursework production (slasher opening) and media exam. I'm in a group with Kate and Poppy. The working title of our production is Camp Ivy. Our production is strongly influenced by films such as Friday the 13th, and its set in a rural location like in Eden Lake.

Sunday 21 October 2012

Comparing 2 Past AS Film Openings

The Cellar & Deception

I compared 'The Cellar' and 'Deception' film openings.





I thought that the mise-en-scene was the strongest feature in this opening. In 'Deception, there was a better range of camera angles, however the mise-en-scene was not as strong. Something that lowered the quality of Deception is that we can see the shadow of the camera/person filming in some of the shots.The Cellar uses narrative enigma to intrigue us, and also Deception uses this but not for all of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note all comments are moderated.